Saturday, March 5, 2005

Absurdity: If AARP is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.



So, this is probably old news, but apparently USA Next is claiming that liberal AARP is against the troops and pro-gay marriage. The subversive seniors. After I stopped laughing, I did something I thought I'd never do. I joined AARP. Well, I might in 25 years when I'm old enough. I can tap into a liberal think tank and get a discount at Sea World.

Reading more on the USA Next site, I learn that blacks don't have it so good under the current system. In an "article" entitled Minorities and Women Vs. AARP it says:

Black men, for instance, tragically die earlier than the national average in large numbers. The median life expectancy for black males born today is 65.8 years, well short of the planned increase to age 67 of full eligibility for Social Security. That means half of these men born today never will collect a penny of Social Security benefits despite a lifetime of paying into the system. Thus, for millions, the expected rate of return on Social Security is minus 0.82 percent.
Well, in that case, let's let African American's invest in private accounts. That way we don't have to look into the causes of the life expectancy gap. Hell, lets stop researching health/economic/judicial disparities right now, problem solved.

No comments: