Thursday, December 7, 2006

Books: Fresh Air's Maureen Corrigan's 2006 picks

It's always depressing for an English major medical student to find end-of-the-year book lists and realize he's only heard of one of the books on the list, and read none of them.

But at least I don't have mono, said the PA at University Health Services today! Maybe that means I'll feel like non-crap just in time to half-ass a bunch of finals projects I have this semester that I would have loved to focus on without fevers, chills, and sweats.

Update: No more fevers, but I didn't do any better on Slate's Best Books of 2006.

1 comment:

: Joseph j7uy5 said...

It still happens to me, that people will mention books, or music, or movies, or TV shows, and then they'll be surprised when I don't know what they're talking about. I ask, "when was that?"

"Oh, about 1985."

"I was in medical school then."

"Oh. That explains it."

I hate to tell you this, but residency is just as bad.