Saturday, May 15, 2004

Ebertus Rex

As much as I expect the new Troy movie to be an absolute travesty, Roger Ebert's assessment of what Greek drama is all about is about as mature as a junior high latin student's book report might be. I think Rog must have read the comic book version of the Iliad.

What's sad, I didn't know the comic book version actually existed. I was just going to link to a respectable Lattimore translation or something. On a hunch, I searched "Iliad comic" on Amazon, and that's what I found.

Homer: (from the grave) Doh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

troy really sucked ass. but i'm sure all the women will love it anyway, since they are just mindless globs of estrogen anyway.

-mikey

Garrett said...

eh, remember, i'm marrying the classics major.

Anonymous said...

hey, yeah, that's right! whoever said that better watch out!