Thursday, April 14, 2005

Supreme Court: Do you Sodomize your wife?

An article from the New York Post describes what must have been an uncomfortable moment for Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. Mr. Scalia was at NYU giving a talk, and after a question regarding the Supreme Court's decision in its infamous Texas sodomy case when a student asked Mr. Scalia if he sodomizes his wife. Crude - yes, especially given that Mrs. Scalia was in the room. I know I personally would have never asked such a question. I do get a chuckle of this, though. This just goes to show that what goes on in any consenting adult's bedroom needs to stay in the bedroom, especially if you are a Supreme Court Justice.

3 comments:

Pepper said...

Man, that student must have Fragile X cuz he sure has some HUGE balls.

Garrett said...

The context is of course important here. The student, whom I believe is gay (I read the article this morning), had just asked Scalia why he supported anti-sodomy laws. Scalia gave his answer, and then the student followed up the question with the sodomy question.

In that context, I daresay his question was rather civil and justified.

Matz said...

I think it's time for a Blog survey to find out just how common this wife sodomizing is. Or we could have a poll to find out how many people think Scalia sodomizes his wife.