Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Religion: Leaning to the Left

As I've been accepted to study theology at the University of Oxford this fall, I've taken the time to go through my old journals and correspondance from my previous stint across the water, and to share a bit on my blog.

This week I'm reminescing about how my Christian faith brought me to turn left on the American political spectrum. Some readers (and blog members!) who would like to give up on religious folks as hopelessly red-state bigots might find it interesting...

(Not that I was, mind you, a die-hard Republican, or a bigot!)

Many of the British people apparently just don't think religion in general or Christianity in particular has any meaning to offer their lives.

Frankly, given all the people who wander around preaching about sin, hell, heaven and judgment all the time, I can understand that. I mean, does anyone under fifty stop to think about heaven unless they’re being told they should?
Next week: Why I liked Kinsey.

No comments: