Sunday, July 16, 2006

Red State: The Things I Couldn't Make Up

As I've posted before, I follow the letter-to-the-editor page of my hometown newspaper very closely to keep a bit of a pulse on the sort of folks who shaped the first 18 years of my life. And let me tell you, 98% of what those folks had to offer was wonderful. But every once in a while, I run across a letter that reminds me that I can't go home again. Again, this was a letter written to a newspaper. I'll leave out the author name to protect this guy with too much free time.

Gordon’s actions upset NASCAR fan

This is in regards to a situation that occurred last Sunday, July 9. I am a really big NASCAR fan, and what happened when No. 24 Jeff Gordon bumped No. 17 Matt Kenseth from winning the race made me a little upset.

I think NASCAR shold make it hard for drivers like Jeff Gordon and others who will take advantage of the young guys and deny them a chance in the spotlight. Jeff Gordon needs to grow up and not be so childish.
Global warning, nothing. 24 is on a rampage, that's crisis!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff Gordon's gay! Jeff Gordon's gay!
At least that's what them ornery Earnhardt fans always say.
They swear he's usin' Vaseline on the 24 Chevrolet,
Jeff Gordon's gay, he must be gay!

He wears rainbow colors, he's a handsome fella,
Standin' in Victory Lane, with a gorgeous little wife
with a check in her hand, sippin that gay champagne
Them Earnhardt fans up in the stands, all chokin' on bread & Spam,
say Gordon's gay every time he turns and hugs Ray Evernham!

Jeff Gordon's gay, he must be gay!
He's probably whistlin' Elton John or Spandau Ballet!
He's got them rainbow warriors singin YMCA,
Jeff Gordon's gay, he must be gay!

He's got 3 Winston Cup trophies sittin' home on his trophy shelf,
but I betcha he can't pick one up, at least not by hisself!

Jeff Gordon's gay! Jeff Gordon's gay!
At least thats what the people who lose on Sunday always say.
They swear he's usin' Vaseline on the 24 Chevrolet,
Jeff Gordon's gay, he must be gay!

and next year he'll drive the long pink Cadillac... for Mary Kay!!!