Sunday, July 17, 2005

HP6: It just keeps getting better!!

I won't give any plot spoilers, but after 10.5 hrs I've just finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. It was awesome! If you haven't picked up your copy yet, what are you waiting for?!?!?!

Good things about this book: the plot moves fast! Harry finally stops complaining all the time (that was definately annoying in book 5) and it definately plays with your emotions in a stronger way than any of the previous 5 books have. Oh yea, and the two big secrets (who dies and who's the half-blooded prince) aren't revealed until after page 600, so just keep reading!!! And once you think you've gotten all the little twists figured out, J.K. Rowling throws one more at you to keep you on the edge for a few more years... when does book 7 come out again?

My assessment: Definately a better use of my time than studying OB/GYN all day :)

Garrett Update: check out Mugglenet for all your HP needs.

8 comments:

Matz said...

Definitely a good read. Quite shocking in the end in terms of death and changed loyalties. And the lack of teenage angst and anger made for a much better book than HP 5.

RAB?

Geoff said...

I know - do you think we've met RAB yet or is this going to be a new character.? I've tried racking my brain to figure out who RAB could be, but at 1:30 last night after 10.5 hrs of HP reading and another 2 hrs of OB/GYN reading before that, I wasn't working on all cylinders :) Such suspense!!!

Garrett said...

dudes, how the hell have you all wrestled enough time to read the thing already? I'm trying to plan time to reread book 5! Courtney's probably almost done with six by now though.

Pepper said...

"definately a better use of my time than studying OB/GYN all day"?

Watching paint dry would probably be a better use of your time than studying OB/GYN all day. Constructing five-story-tall houses of playing cards would probably be a better use your time than studying OB/GYN all day. Getting rhesus monkeys drunk and then having them stage a knife fight would probably be a better use of your time than studying OB/GYN all day. Wait, that last one actually sounds kind of fun.

Ah well, back to studying psych and resisting the urge to buy HP6.

Geoff said...

Don't resist Pepper, give in to the magic!!

And Garrett, life is a lot easier when you have weekends off :) I set my schedule way back in Feb knowing that I needed to have the weekend off when HP6 came out - that's dedication!

Matz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matz said...

RAB = Regulus Black (my guess)

Anonymous said...

Matz said...
RAB = Regulus Black (my guess)

Yea, I think as well.