Monday, September 13, 2004

Politics: mum's the word

As he campaigns on a platform of having made America safer, President Bush usually does not talk about nuclear disputes with North Korea and Iran that show no sign of resolution. Bush did not mention the two countries, once branded by him as part of an 'axis of evil,' in his recent Republican Convention address and he has not made them a campaign staple.
Seems problematic to me. Maybe because our military is so thin now we couldn't protect ourselves from an army of mice invading from Canada.

btw, I noticed that SportsCenter today was being broadcast from Kuwait. Now, I understand this is a morale booster for the troops, and that part I have no problem with, and would support if that were the only issue I noticed. But isn't there something just screwed up about broadcasting a cable sports program from an almost-war zone, at least symbolically? Especially when you're being branded an 'occupier' just a few miles away? Nobody around me at lunch agreed.

No comments: