Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Moore unhappy over 'R' rating for Farenheit

"It is sadly very possible that many 15- and 16-year-olds will be asked and recruited to serve in Iraq in the next couple of years," Moore said in a weekend statement. "If they are old enough to be recruited and capable of being in combat and risking their lives, they certainly deserve the right to see what is going on in Iraq."

It is also sad that Michael Moore won't be able to buy a new Jaguar because of revenue lost from these ill-fated 15- and 16 year olds not coming to see his movie. I feel for him.

Does anybody else even remember Bowling for Columbine even coming out at the theatre? I remember when Nick my Ukrainian peace corps friend saw it in Nashville, and it was like this total underground thing, and here we are now.

I would only agree w/ the R rating if dumbass parents weren't allowed to talk to their children about politics. For all of Moore's questionable methods, I think his brand of political insanity is still safer than the hatred instilled in so many children by the so-called loving religious right while they're brainwa... I mean home-schooling them.

No comments: