Friday, May 14, 2004

"I spent 30 years in the Air Force fighting communism," he said yesterday. "I gave up 30 years of my life, and I didn't give it up so I could start learning Spanish." He added, "Every single veteran I've talked to feels the same way."

Such is a quote from Maryland Governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. (from the Grand Old Party, no surprise), who in a recent speech stated that "Once you get into this multicultural crap, this bunk, you run into a problem. With respect to this culture, English is the language."

I have no sympathy for someone that spent 30 years of his life defending our country from the Spanish language. If that's the sort of thing he was fighting for, then he wasted his time and is a great case of the Great American Un-Hero.

Fighting communism? Sure. That's a good thing. But if you're a bigoted asshole, don't expect too many bonus points from those of us who don't have a racial superiority complex jammed passed our anal folds.

No comments: