Saturday, July 29, 2006

Politics: Minimum Wage Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Republicans muscled the first minimum wage increase in a decade through the House of Representatives early Saturday after pairing it with a cut in inheritance taxes on multimillion-dollar estates.
WHAT???

Harry Reid calls it blackmail. Generally, when Harry Reid calls something blackmail, I scoff at him. He's a little histrionic.

If I needed any one instance to demonstrate everything about the Republican party that is wrong for America, I now have it.
"Just think of what it is to have a bill that says to minimum wage workers, 'We'll raise your minimum wage but only if we can give an estate tax cut to the 7,500 wealthiest families in America,"' said Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, a Democrat.
Again, when Nancy Pelosi opens her mouth, I usually roll my eyes, knowing that I probably agree with her in principle, but that she'll try to figure out a way to make liberalism sound even whinier than it did before.

But this time, right on, Nancy. Fight the disgusting F-tards.

No comments: